Standard Dog Day-Care Contract
We have provided our dog day-care contract so that you may further understand what is required of you and your dog before enrolling in day-care.
Pawtropolis will only day board dogs, all other animals are excluded. You will be asked to read and sign this contract at the time of your dog’s acceptance into our day-care program.
I, ______ (owner), hereby certify that my dog(s) ___________ is/are in good health and has not been ill with any communicable condition within the last 30 days.
I further certify that my dog(s) have not harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any person or any other dog.
I understand that all dogs wishing to attend day care must attend a pre-registration appointment to be assessed by the Principal Trainer and consequently deemed suitable for the multi-dog environment.
The centre agrees to exercise due and reasonable care in the handling of the dogs, and in keeping the facility properly enclosed and sanitary. All dogs are cared for by the centre without liability on the centre’s behalf for loss or damage from disease, theft, fire, death, escape, injury, or harm to persons, other dogs, or property by said dog(s), or for other unavoidable causes.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
- I understand that I am solely responsible for any harm caused by my dog(s) while my dog(s) is/are in the care of the centre and release the centre of any liability arising from my dog’s attendance and participation at the day-care. Pawtropolis is covered by public liability insurance with indemnity to the value of £1,000,000.
- I recognise that there are inherent risks of illness or injury when animals are allowed to be in close contact with one another. Such risks include, but are not limited to, problems resulting from rough play and kennel cough. Pawtropolis will isolate dogs which are suspected of having a communicable disease and contact the owner.
- I further understand and agree that in admitting my dog(s) to the dog day-care centre, the staff at the centre have relied on my representation that my dog(s) is/are in good health and have not harmed or shown aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any person or any other dog.
- I understand that my dog(s) will be playing in open areas with other dog(s) and accept that when dogs play in groups, they will get dirty, and nicks and scratches may occur, as well as any other inherent risks that are involved. I hereby release the centre of any liability in the event of these or any similar incidents. I further understand and agree that the centre staff and volunteers will not be liable for any problems which may arise due to such.
- I further understand and agree that any problems which develop with my dog(s) will be treated as deemed necessary by the centre staff and volunteers, at their sole discretion, and that I assume full financial responsibility for any and all expenses involved the centre decides to obtain medical treatment.
- I accept that if my dog causes any excessive damage to the facility that I will be responsible to pay for repairs.
- I understand that if my dog is not neutered or spayed by 6 months of age, they will not be allowed to participate in day-care with other dogs.
- I further understand that if my dog shows any signs of aggression towards other dogs, that their acceptance into day-care will be re-evaluated. They will be given between 1 and 3 chances, depending on the situation surrounding the aggression before they are forbidden to participate in day-care. Pawtropolis will isolate dogs which are aggressive towards dogs and/or staff and contact the owner.
- Human aggressive dogs, or dogs with fear issues, will not be allowed to stay at the centre. Pawtropolis will not accept dogs listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
- As a responsible pet owner, I promise to keep my dogs(s) current in vaccinations against Canine Distemper, Infectious Canine Hepatitis (Canine adenovirus), Leptospirosis (L. canicola and L. icterohaemorrhagicae), Canine Parvovirus and other relevant diseases including Kennel Cough plus parasite and worm treatment. The course of vaccination shall have been completed at least two weeks before the first date of day boarding or in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
It is required by the centre that you provide official updated records from a veterinarian before you are allowed to attend day-care. The centre is not responsible for informing of due dates on vaccines nor will the centre provide vaccine records for any reason. Furthermore, a record that this proof has been supplied must be kept on-site throughout the period the dog attends and for 12 months after the dog lasts attends.
- I agree to commit to at least 1 half day per week session on a weekly basis and commit to providing minimum 48 hours notice if my dog is not able to attend to avoid having to still pay the charge for the reserved session. The centre understands that there may be times (in emergencies) where the 48 hours notice is not possible and these will be assessed on a case by case merit.
- I acknowledge and agree to the following holidays when the day care centre will be closed: See calendar attached.
- I agree to reserve day-care allocation (if required) for my dog(s) upon collection on the final boarding day of each week. I also agree to pay for boarding each day upon collection of my dog(s) at the latest.
- If a dog does not attend day care within 3 weeks they must be reassessed for suitability for daycare.
FEES: (Payable daily at time of pick up unless otherwise agreed)
£21.50 per day per dog (e.g. 7:30 am to 6:00 pm)
£13 per half day morning or afternoon (7:30-12:30pm), (10:00- 2.00pm) or (1:00-6:00pm)
**Block bookings are available and if purchased must be used within 6 weeks of purchase**
DAYS AND HOURS:
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 6pm (apart from holidays unless otherwise agreed)
RESERVATIONS: Reservations are accepted up until 7.30 pm for next day boarding.
Owners must make changes to reservations within a minimum 24-hour period or they will still be charged for their place.
EMERGENCY: In the event of an emergency, the centre staff will first attempt to contact the owner, followed by an attempt to contact the emergency contact person listed. The centre may also directly contact the partnership veterinarian (Chryston Veterinary Practice), if the circumstances are deemed such that immediate treatment is necessary.
Fresh drinking water shall be available at regular intervals (unless advised otherwise by a veterinary surgeon).
The drinking vessel shall be cleansed daily and the water changed as necessary.
Pawtropolis will also use treats to reinforce positive behaviour in your dog(s). Please indicate from the following list which treats are acceptable to be given to your dog(s):
- Gravy Bones
- Mini Markies
- Peanut Butter
- Ice cubes
Pawtropolis would like to use images of your dog(s) in their promotional material. Please indicate below whether you give your permission: Yes/No
Please indicate whether your dog(s) has any medical conditions or allergies that Pawtropolis needs to be aware of: No/Yes
All dog owners are responsible for their own animals while using the self serve dog baths. All instructions must be followed and equipment used as advised on the poster in each bathing room.
All dogs must enter and leave the building on lead.
When a block is purchased a place for the entire block has been reserved for your pet on each class, as such should you choose not to attend you are not able to transfer these weeks. Training is blocks last 8 weeks, and certificates are only awarded to those dogs who meet the pass criteria and attend on the final week of class to participate in the exam.
If we need to change or cancel a date, we will offer an alternative to the missed class, if you fail to attend this class then you have missed this week.
I certify that I have read and understand the policies of the centre as set forth on the preceding pages by initialling each section and that I have read and understand the conditions and statement of this agreement. I acknowledge and accept that all the above policies refer to day-care, training, as well as overnight stays, and this release serves as accepting these conditions for all services.